LEAD JAVA DEVELOPER
Locations Jersey City, NJ
Functions Consulting, Finance, Information Technology, Project Management
Industries Capital Markets, Investment Banking, Alternative Investments, Financial Services, Management Consulting, Information Technology and Services, Healthcare
Creates user information solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining Java based components and interfaces. The Lead Java Developer will design, build and help support and manage RPA – robotics applications used to streamline and optimize manually intensive processes. This lead will be responsible for technical deliverables, provide architectural guidance, enforce best Client and industry best practices, conduct code reviews, build support processes, and serve as escalation point during production outages. Lead will be responsible for product design and delivery by his team as well as unit testing, integration testing and regression testing activity ensuring the software he and his team produced does not negatively impact overall enterprise stability. The lead will regularly present his deliverables to peers and management to ensure consistency with the overall strategy and architecture. A potential candidate will need to learn fast and develop in depth understanding of RPA toolset and solutions and understand how systems engaged in RPA effort work effectively together and impact one another.
- Defines site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Designs and develops user interfaces to internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
- Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- Integrates applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- Creates multimedia applications by using authoring tools.
- Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
All potential candidates must be able to work in a dynamic team environment which includes developers working with different technologies (such as Java, Web Services and C#/.NET) and across multiple regions. Candidates should have good understanding of basics of RPA approach and have substantive hands on experience with modern RPA tools and approaches or closely related technologies and techniques for automating of human tasks.
- Java SE/EE 6 and above
- XML/XSD/XSLT and JSON
- Web services (SOAP, REST, etc.)
- Modern source control, build and continuous integration solutions
- UNIX/Linux Shell scripting
- RDBMS, SQL, PL/SQL
- Non-relational DBMS (MongoDB)
- Skills that are a plus:
- Workfusion 7.3 and above
- Blueprism ver. 4.0 and above
- Automation Anywhere 10 and above
- GUI design and development (JSP, ASP, .NET)
- Tibco EMS and other message oriented middleware
- Windows scripting, PowerShell
- Nice to have extras but NOT required:
- Autosys and scheduling